This is a short summary of the proposed changes to the Summerset Multi Union Collective Agreement.
You can read all the proposed changes in the Terms of Settlement document below.
- Term of the agreement will be 1 October 2022 through to 30 September 2023.
- Amendment to clause 5.8 – Rest and Meal Breaks to clarify the number and length of breaks paid and unpaid on each shift.
- Amendment to clause 7.14 Night Rate Allowance – removal of now redundant date of 11 April 2022, and clarification that the night rate applies between the hours of 11.00pm and 7.00am, Sunday evening to Friday morning.
- Amendment of weekend allowance for retail Café Assistants – this allowance will no longer apply for these specific employees who are employed after 27 February 2023, employees who were employed prior to 27 February 2023 will continue to be paid the allowance.
- Amend clause 9.1 Annual Holidays in accordance with the Holidays Act 2003 – as it applies to casual employees who are defined in appendix one of the Agreement.
- Amend clause 8.1- Termination of Employment, notice period required for Registered Nurses – preference for 8 weeks’ notice but the minimum notice period remains at 4 weeks.
- New clause 4 – Duties and Responsibilities – acknowledging Te Tiriti o Waitangi and rights and responsibilities for Summerset as the employer
- Amend clause 12.6 Professional Development – Care and Support Workers – to ensure that a Caregiver has the opportunity and resources to attain the qualifications within the first 36 months of the employee’s continuous employment.
- Amended wage rates for Caregivers, Kaitiaki, Recreational Therapists, Diversional Therapists from 3 July 2023 increased by 6% with a commitment to fully comply with the pay equity rates when settled. Pay increases also apply to Housekeepers / Laundry Assistants, Chefs / Cooks, Kitchen Assistants / Kitchen Hands, retail café Assistant (note grandparenting of the weekend allowance for retail café assistants as in 4 above).
- Amend Wage Rate Table for Enrolled and Registered Nurses – adjustments will match the Te Whatu Ora (DHB) pay equity interim rates in line with the Employment Relations Authority decision – effective from 27 February 2023.
- Agreement that the following issues will be further discussed in Joint Consultative / Management meetings.
- Safe Staffing – a process to be developed that improves understanding on how staffing levels are established and applied through the rostering process.
- Staff Training – review of induction material for Caregivers to ensure that it includes information on how to escalate queries about training.
- Union member medication competency allowance – investigate which caregiver employees have the competency and the reliance on them using their qualification.
Further information on the proposed settlement will be provided in the documents that will be circulated and at Zoom meetings that will be held in the week of February 27.
Union organisers will also be able to answer questions.
We’ll be holding online Zoom meetings to discuss the offer and ask questions with the bargaining team.
Monday, 27 February 2023 2:00 pm-3:00 pm
Click here to join the Monday Meeting
Friday, 3 March 2023 11:00 am-12:00 pm
Click here to join the Friday Meeting
Speak to your delegates or your manager about access to a laptop so you can attend one of the meetings.
Voting on the proposed settlement will be by electronic voting opening on Friday 3 March and closing Monday 6 March.
E tū will text/email you a voting link on Friday after 12 noon, please keep your email and mobile number up to date to ensure you get your voting link.
Call 0800 186 466 to contact E tū if you have any questions or need support.