Stand tall for a better future
General Election 2023
The future of Aotearoa New Zealand for workers and our families is at stake this election. The Labour Government has made significant progress for us, including launching Fair Pay Agreements, minimum wage increases, doubling sick leave, the COVID response, a public holiday for Matariki, and record housing investment.
However, with high inflation and a cost-of-living crisis, we all need to make sure we re-elect a Labour-led Government to prevent a National/ACT Government from undoing our progress. Stand up for your community and make sure your voice is heard by voting in the General Election, Saturday 14 October.
E tū has committed to an ambitious election plan, to ensure all E tū members are informed about the election and will vote for parties committed to working for us and our communities. This will include pledging to vote, getting involved in union election events and activities, and reaching out in your own communities to make sure as many people as possible have their voices heard by voting. In this election, the key E tū election policies include:
- saving Fair Pay Agreements
- extending the Living Wage to more people directly and indirectly employed by the government
- delivering pay equity and pay transparency
- supporting workers and unions to ensure a Just Transition as the world of work changes
- make dental care free and integrated with the public health system
- build more public housing that is affordable, accessible, and secure.
Pledge to vote!
We want as many E tū members as possible to pledge to vote in this election, and let us know what issues are most important to you when deciding who to support.
Click here to make the commitment!